Rhombus Group is a hands-on Owner-operated company focused on Excellence in hospitality operations and consulting services.
Founded in North America, Rhombus has over 30 years of experience in Canada, Europe and Asia. Rhombus has a proven track record and success with clients of varying scopes and sizes which allowed it to be actively involved in overseeing and managing hotels, service apartments, resorts, private clubs, restaurants, extended stay facilities as well as strata operations. Delivering management expertise knowledge, efficient and customized inputs to meet each hotel and catering to every region’s specific needs and requirements has resulted in growing demand within the international marketplace. Irrespective of the size or scope of each project, our commitment is to achieve excellence in service while maximizing profits and increasing asset values.
Client referrals have facilitated the company’s presence and continued expansion of its portfolio of unique hotels. Rhombus Group is poised for growth on an international scale as it continues to be the pioneer of excellent and versatile hospitality products and services on a worldwide basis. Its award-winning hotels include:
HONG KONG, CHINA
Hotel Pennington by Rhombus
Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel
This Canadian group offers consolidated, realistic and practical turn-key packages for various development projects. The range of services are specialised and diverse in numerous areas:
- Technical Assistance
- Management Contract
- Advisory & Representation
- Consulting & Development Analysis
- Sales & Marketing
- Quality Assurance Programme
Services are provided as a complete package or customised to meet specific needs.
Vision and Mission
To be one of the premier hospitality service providers, operating properties in major international cities, key global destinations, and future developing markets. Our portfolio consists of the highest quality in services and products which exceed the expectations and needs of our 3 key stakeholders: Owners/Investors, Guests and Employees.
At Rhombus, we are committed to delivering the highest excellence in hospitality services and products to our Owners/Investors and Guests; while valuing our Employees and actively giving back to the community through our corporate social responsibility programmes.
We maximise asset value and return on investment.
We provide the highest quality of services and products with the ultimate goal of exceeding expectations.
We offer training and opportunities for continuous career development.
For the Community
We are involved in eco-friendly and care initiatives aiming to promote environmental sustainability practices and to offer support, education and career opportunities for the underprivileged.
The Canadian Group, Rhombus and its international hotels have received numerous Awards, and continuously contribute to the community and hospitality industry:
- ‘Caring Company 2013-16′ – Hong Kong Council of Social Service
- ‘Leading Hotel Management Company for Worldwide Investors’ – Hong Kong Business High-Flyers Awards 2015
- ‘Leading Hospitality & Hotel Management Company’ – Hong Kong Business High-Flyers Awards 2014
- ‘The Leading Hotel Management Company’ – Hong Kong Business High-Flyers Awards 2013
- ‘Best-in-Class Hospitality Management Company 2014′ – Mediazone Group
- ‘The Best Hotels Group Corporate in China’ – China Hotel Investors Alliance Five Star Diamond Award 2013
- Mr. Calvin Mak named ‘The Great President in China Hotel Industry’ – China Hotel Investors Alliance Five Star Diamond Award 2013
- ‘Leading Hospitality & Hotel Management’ – Hong Kong Business High-Flyers Awards 2012
- Mr. Calvin Mak named ‘Outstanding President of China Hotel Industry’ – 7th China Hotel Starlight Awards 2011
- ‘Leading Hotel Management’ – Hong Kong Business High-Flyers Awards 2011
- ‘Hong Kong’s Most Valuable Company 2011′ – Mediazone Group
- ‘Most Progressive Hotel Group of the Year’ – 2011 Asia Hotel Forum
- ‘Best Choice International Hotel Management Companies for Investors’ – 11th China Hotel Forum 2010 – 2011
- Mr. Calvin Mak received the ‘Capital Leaders of Excellence Awards 2010′ – Capital Magazine
- ‘Best 10 Hotel Management Companies’ – 10th China Hotel Forum 2009 – 2010
- Mr. Calvin Mak was awarded the honor of ‘Hotel Industry Master in China’ – 10th China Hotel Forum 2009-2010
- ‘Best Hotel Brands in China’ – 9th China Hotel Forum 2008-2009
- Mr. Calvin Mak received the ‘Top Elite of Hotel Industry in China’ – 9th China Hotel Forum 2008-200
- ‘Success Story Award 2008′ – Hong Kong Trade Development Council & Federation of Hong Kong Business Associations Worldwide at the 9th Hong Kong Forum 2008
- ‘Most Potential Hotel Development / Management Company’ – China Hotel Industry Leaders Summit 2008
- Induction of Mr. Calvin Mak as one of ‘China’s Hotel Industry 100 Elites’ – China Hotel Industry Leaders Summit 2008
- ‘Certificate of Excellence 2012-2016′ – TripAdvisor
- ‘Gold Circle Award 2015′ – agoda.com
- ‘Most Outstanding Corporate Hotel’ – 2013 GHM Golden Awards
- ‘Entertainment Award 2010 & 2012′ – Rakuten, the internet-based travel agency
- ‘The Best Business Hotel in Guangdong Hong Kong Macau’ – Let’s Go Magazine 2009-2012
- ‘Top 10 Business Hotels of China’ – 7th China Hotel Starlight Awards 2011
- ‘Best Business Hotels in China’ – China Hotel Forum 2008-2011
- ‘Choice Favorite Hotel’ – Golfers’ Choice Awards 2010
- ‘Best Performance Hotel in Kowloon – Bronze Award 2009′ – Rakuten, the internet-based travel agency
- ‘Preferred Hotel in Hong Kong-Japanese Travelers’ Select 2008′ – Rakuten, the internet-based travel agency
- ‘Certificate of Excellence 2014-2018′ - TripAdvisor
- ‘Boutique Hotel of the Year 2015′ – 2015 GHM Golden Pearl Awards
- ‘Asia’s Top 5 Emerging Hotel 2013′ – NOW Travel Asia Awards
- ‘Newly Open Best Service Hotels of the Year’ – 2013 Asia Hotel Awards
- ‘Certificate of Excellence 2013-2016′ – TripAdvisor
- ‘Gold Circle Award 2015′ – agoda.com
- ‘The Best Business Hotel’ – 2013-2014 City Traveller Best Hotel Awards
- ‘The Best Theme Hotel of China’ – 2013 China Hotels Golden Cup Award
- ‘Choice of Boutiquer’ – 2012 China Best Design Hotels Award
- ‘The Best Service Hotel’ – 2012 City Traveller Best Hotel Awards
- ‘Top 10 Newly Open Hotels of China’ – 7th China Hotel Starlight Awards 2011
- ‘Best Innovative Hotel’ – China Media Award 2011
- ‘Best Restaurants in Hong Kong & Macau’ – Asia Tatler 2012-2016
- ‘Hong Kong Top Ten Wine Paring Restaurant Awards 2013′ – Wine.Luxe Magazine
- ‘Best Restaurant’ – DiningCity Hong Kong Restaurant Week 2012
Corporate Social Responsibility
Rhombus Group is proud to provide personalized customer service and a unique staying experience at our hotels. Below is a compilation of ‘What People Have Said About Us’, from clients to colleagues and suppliers.
Sammy YipPrincipal Lecturer/Program Director (2016)
We would like to express our sincere appreciation to Rhombus Group for their continuous supports. Offering our students precious internship opportunities, which help them to acquire practical skill and understand in-depth hotel knowledge. Sponsoring our scholarship scheme 2016 is a great encouragement to our students as well. It just represents how your hotel company contributes proactively in the hospitality education and the growth of youngsters.
Darren NgManaging Director (2008)
TTG Asia Media Pte Ltd.
“Congratulations! Hotel LKF by Rhombus has been voted unanimously by the readers of TTG Asia, TTG China, TTGmice and TTG-BTmice China for the Best New Hotel in Hong Kong this year. This award is bestowed upon the organization of the travel trade within China that has shown commitment towards service excellence.”
Dr. Larry StalcupVisiting Associate Professor (2008) - School of Hospitality & Tourism Management
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
“The students were very impressed that the CEO came to speak. It shows a true commitment to ‘giving back’ and helping to develop the next generation of managers. Your ideas on flexibility, and the importance of the top and bottom line gave them something to think about and re-enforces what the faculty preach. When a successful hotelier tells them they believe it more. The students are equally impressed with your willingness to take a chance on young managers. It speaks well of your company.”
Paul BrownPresident (2008)
“The Expedia Insiders’ Select list is an annual award recognising the very best hotels, as judged by the experiences of our customers. Based on more than 300,000 qualified reviews provided by Expedia travelers worldwide, your hotel was identified as consistently delivering excellent services, a great overall experience and notable value. Now in its second year, the Expedia Insiders’ Select list includes just one percent of all hotels offered on Expedia.”
Atty. Oscar P. PalabyabUndersecretary (2008)
Tourism Services & Regional Offices, Department of Tourism, Philippines
“We would like to extend our deepest gratitude for making the 3rd ASEAN Tourism Investment Forum (ATIF) held last July 6-9, 2008 a success. Rest assured, the knowledge and insights you have shared during the conference on the topic ‘Hotel Management: Are We Getting the Best Deal?’ enlightened everybody who attended the event and inspired them to actively promote investments in tourism related enterprises in the ASEAN Region. Your participation is valuable to us and we believe that the ATIF 2008 would never be complete and meaningful without your presence.”
Professor Kay ChonChair Professor and Director (2008)
School of Hotel & Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
“We are pleased that the 2nd International Forum on China Hotel Brand Development held in Guangzhou, China on 9-10 May 2008 was a huge success. On behalf of the Forum Organizing Committee, we would like to express our sincere appreciation to you for your contribution and support which made the Forum successful. Your participation as a speaker enriched the Forum program and your contribution has laid out a new chart for future development of China’s hotel industry.”
James LuExecutive Director (2007)
Hong Kong Hotels Association
“In our dealings with …. Rhombus Group .… we have found them to be highly professional and knowledgeable about the hotel business and markets in North America and across Asia and their wide and in-depth experience in such areas as hotel operations, management, investments and financing adds to their credibility as a highly respected hotel company.”
Michael LiExecutive Director (2007)
The Federation of Hong Kong Hotel Owners
“We first met Mr. Calvin Mak, Founder and CEO of the Rhombus Group, when he applied for membership of this Federation. We are deeply impressed by Calvin’s working attitude and problem-solving technique…he is a very responsive, approachable and capable person. His advice is not only constructive but visionary.”
William ChooSenior Vice President (2002)
D. Manning & Associates
“The personnel at Rhombus were always cooperative and efficient in providing the information and advice required allowing for the uninterrupted operations of the business. This in turn assists us in securing the asset for our clients in an efficient manner.”
Michael ChanAccount Manager (1998)
Hongkong Bank of Canada
“The company is in the business of managing hotels, restaurants and food & beverage facilities under contracts. So far all business has been conducted in an excellent manner and we are of the opinion that the company and principals are considered responsible…”